We want YOU to join us next year!
Follow the steps below to apply to join Menlo-Atherton Leadership in the 2023-2024 school year. All new and returning candidates are required to apply for entry or re-entry to the program. To learn more about what Leadership does, head to the About Us page, or browse the website to view events from the previous years.
INCOMING FRESHMEN: see special instructions at the bottom of the page.
Running for Class President? Come to our info meeting:
Wednesday 3/15 @ Flex Time in B-21 (Amoroso)
The general application info meeting slides from 2/15 are linked at the bottom of the page.
Get Leadership on your schedule: Talk to your counselor and make sure Leadership is in your academic plan. If you would prefer to join the Service-oriented section offered at 5th period, register for Leadership-ASB. If you would prefer to join the Spirit-oriented section offered at 4th period, register for Spirit Leadership. They will put you on the waiting list. If you have already registered for a different elective, they can transfer you after you are admitted into leadership.
2. Join the Remind: Make sure to join the Remind (code: @malship) to get the updates and information you need.
3. Join Google Classroom: Make sure to join the Google Classroom (code: idazx4j) to gain access to the online materials and submission, as well as ask any questions.
4. Mark important dates: Applications are available online below and paper copies are available in B21. They will be due on March 31st, but do not leave it until the last minute! You have been warned.
5. Get Informed: Find out what Leadership does on M-A's campus and how the class is run. Read the ASB Bylaws and the Leadership Class Syllabus.
6. Complete the Application: Fill out the Leadership application. Copies are available on the google classroom or you can pick up a paper copy in B-21.
The application includes:
Short response essays
A short creative project
A signature page
7. ONLY FOR NEW STUDENTS: Sign up on SignUp Genius below to schedule your interview. You can take any slot you would like! The first slots are on March 14th and the last slots at on March 25th. Interview Sign-Ups have been extended until March 17!
8. Recommendations: All students must email this teacher recommendation form to a teacher or M-A Athletics coach to fill out for their application to be complete.
8. Submit your application: Turn in the application on Google Classroom or to B21 by 2:50pm on March 31st.
9. That’s it! Great job completing your application! Leadership will recommend certain names to the guidance office based on the completion and quality of those applications and the attendance and quality of the attached interviews, as necessary.
Running for Office? Whether or not you intend to be an officer in the program, you must fill out the regular program application. The opportunity for students to submit themselves as candidates for the advisory board (see bylaws) will come later in the Spring. There will be an informational meeting on March 15th at Flex in B-21. Check out the 2022/2023 Advisory Board to view the positions you can run for.
Incoming Freshman? In order to apply as an incoming freshman to leadership, email Zahara Agarwal at email@example.com to recieve the application google document. Join the Remind for news and updates.
Remember this Advice: If you call us, text us, or use the Remind, we will help you. However, we cannot help you if you do not reach out for help. Turn your work in on time, show up to your interview, and put your best foot forward. Remember we want you to succeed, and we will assist you if you are having trouble. We can’t help you if you don’t ask!
Questions or Concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, ask the Remind, text (650) 441-4795, or stop by B-21 during flex, brunch, or lunch.